Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Vlog Time!

Okay, so this week has been pretty uneventful, therefore it could be considered a successful week.  All it has consisted of is learning the dance move, and then practice, practice, and more practice. I guess then I will not bore you any longer with the details of learning the move, but I will instead expand your knowledge of street dance some more.

Street dance is a style that is growing in popularity because of the fact that many teachers believe it to be one of the easiest styles to learn. One of the main reasons why it is easiest to learn is because there is no wrong way to perform a move since each movement is individualized. Of course there are a few exceptions such as tutting where your arms and wrists have to stay at ninety degree angles throughout the move. But otherwise you can complete each move whichever way feels most comfortable to you. 

Along with being one of the easiest styles to learn, street dance is a great form of expression. It is possible to street dance to a range a music from hip hop to classical, unlike other styles of dance. Just in case you might not believe me that street dancing is possible during classical music, here is an example...


Also, instead of just my normal blog this week, I have included a video discussing my inspiration for this topic choice and even one of the dance moves I have learned so far!



Another book I have read:
Torrington, Emma. Street Dance. N.p.: Rosen Group, 2011. Print.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Brianna! I think it is so cool that you are learning street dancing which is something that would usually being very foreign to you! As you mentioned, it is a form of expression that isn't usually seen or used that much around here. I hope you continue learn street dancing after the project is through so you can continue to express yourself! Keep up the good work and I can not wait to see you tut.
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brianna! I think it is interesting that you are doing something out of the ordinary, and something that is foreign to you. It is definitely a good idea to do something that captivates you and keeps you interested over a long period of time. Trying something new is also a good thing. Learning street dancing will be an interesting thing to add to your skill set. Maybe you will use it in your future, who knows. I am excited to see a full video or live performance of you dancing, so keep up the good work and good luck moving forward as you continue with this journey.

    ReplyDelete