Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nearing the End

Okay wow, so there is less than a week before these seven weeks are up! Although I truly believe that I have made progress, there is still so much to be accomplished. Okay but before I begin stressing about the upcoming presentation, I will share with all of you the events of this past week.

Since this week was spring break, and my family never travels, like at all, that meant that I had plenty of time at home to work on my dancing. I was practically dancing 24/7, even when my family was staring at me like I was crazy. Sure most of the time it was probably just me jumping up and down, but I still feel as if this extra time really did help me improve. After all 'practice makes perfect', well supposedly, and while I was practicing I realized that I had memorized the entire routine and was able to perform each move decently. I am extremely proud that I got this far because in all honesty, towards the beginning I did have doubts about being able to teach myself dance without any background with it.

Okay so going into specifics, this past week I focused a majority of my time on learning the floorwork part of the routine because I have to say it is quite difficult. It may look very simple, especially since it is only 2 eight count steps, but trust me, its not! I was constantly tripping over my own feet in my attempts to crossover and under my legs. Luckily I had this video tutorial to pause whenever the steps became too difficult.


Along with having plenty of time to practice my dancing, I also had a fair amount of time to watch more professional street dancers. My current favorite crew is Ruff Diamond because of their story. They are 6 self-taught street dancers from a small town in England without any dance studios even close to the town. I feel if they can accomplish that much all by themselves then I should be able to learn this routine. Here is a video of them talking about their story and their incredible performance!


1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. Do you enjoy dancing? Or is just something that you were fascinated in? Do you have any background in dance, or did you just stumble upon street dancing and want to do it? Either way, good luck on your performance and keep on dancing!

    ReplyDelete