Monday, April 1, 2013

The End, Well Sort Of...

How as it already been 7 weeks!? I guess time really does fly when you are working on a project that you enjoy putting work and long hours into. So these past couple of days I have been working on my TED Talk and practicing my routine, and I must say that I am pleased at how both are coming along. I honestly never thought that I would be able to teach myself as many moves that I had, let alone being able to perform them on a stage! I am most definitely going to continue dancing, and who knows maybe if I put in enough time I might actually become good! Plus being a dancer comes in handy when you are younger because you do not look dumb dancing at parties, you always have a hidden talent to share, and it is just something to do when you are bored. Maybe next year I can post a video of me dancing to show the improvement that I will make!

The TED Talk on the other hand is not something that I am enjoying at the moment because I am still a little scared to street dance on the stage, but I have accepted the fact that I am embarrassing myself a lot.  I used the idea of embarrassment to my advantage though by making it the overall theme of my TED Talk. I figured that I might as well make a joke out of my embarrassment.

Okay so enough about my embarrassment, let's get back to dance. Here is the video that I will be dancing along with in my TED Talk...


The full routine is one minute, but I only chose thirty seconds that I feel comfortable performing. The routine involves standard hip-hop moves, tutting, floor work, and a style of hip-hop called house. Also it is taught my favorite dance crew diversity, and in case you do not know who they are here are a few of their routines...



Those routines are AMAZING! I still feel inspired every time I watch them! So as this project comes to an end I would really like to thank my teachers for allowing us to work on our passions for seven weeks because it truly has been awesome and I can't wait to continue to improve! Also, even though the project is over I think I may keep up this blogging to have reminders of the progress I make in my dance journey, so until next time, BYEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment