Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflection Time

So this project has finally come to an end, and I think that I am actually going to miss it because there are rarely opportunities in high school where are project is dedicated and tailored to your passion. When looking back at the weeks, I truly believe that I have learned so much about life along with new dance moves. The most important lesson I learned was that life is about taking risks and accepting the embarrassment that may come along with it in order to reach something great. This was the point that I was attempting to get across to the audience during my TED Talk, so lets evaluate how well I was able to do that and how my overall presentation was by using the assignment sheet for the categories.

Time: Although I am not sure of the actually time of my presentation, I do believe it was between the required time length of 4 to 5 minutes since it was when I had practiced beforehand.

Visual Component: My visual component was an effective aid in my presentation by only providing pictures and minimal words on each slide.

Content: I feel like I did a good job on content because I showed my product, even though it was not very successful, I explained my process of learning each dance step, and I had a purpose for the audience to take away, which was to take risks even if they may be embarrassing.

Organization: I do believe that my speech flowed well, but I also think that there was room for improvement in this category.

Delivery: I think my overall delivery was very enthusiastic about street dance and refined and poised for the most part. Like organization I think that there is room for improvement in this category.

Looking at my presentation as a whole I would give myself a 26/30.

To end this post I would like to say that I will always be grateful for this opportunity because it gave me the push to start pursuing my passion for street dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment